Video of the BPS Budget
Resources for Advocating to Elected Officials
Other Parent and STUDENT Groups Officially Recognized by BPS
- BSAC (Boston Student Advisory Council)
- Sped PACac (BPS Special Education Parents Advisory Council)
- BTU PAC (Boston Teachers Union Parent Advisory Council)
- DELLAC (District English Language Learner Advisory Committee)
documents, Resources, and references
- BPS Office of Engagement – Our partner in BPS, the Office of Engagement builds the capacity of BPS schools, staff, families, students and the community to establish partnerships that strengthen student learning and improve schools.
- BPS Parent University – The goal of BPS Parent University is to educate and empower parents as partners, advocates and lifelong teachers in their child’s education through educational courses and leadership opportunities.
- Superintendent Circulars – Superintendent Circulars give BPS administrators, staff, teachers, and parents guidance on almost all BPS guidelines, from principal searches to school uniforms.
- School Site Council Handbook – The guiding set of policies governing all School Site Councils of all BPS schools.
- MassBudget – The Massachusetts Budget and Policy Center (MassBudget) produces non-partisan policy research, analysis, and data-driven recommendations focused on improving the lives of low- and middle-income children and adults, strengthening our state’s economy, and enhancing the quality of life in Massachusetts.